The Centre de bénévolat et moisson Laval’s mission is to develop, support and promote volunteer work and social assistance through servce offerings and skill development of volunteers, individuals and organizations, as well as ensure the fair redistribution of foodstuff to organizations working in food aid and to people in difficulty.
The Centre de bénévolat et moisson Laval’s vision is to contribute to a voluntary aid movement and strong active sharing within Laval’s community. The Centre wishes, through its interactions with people, to harness their autonomy and in turn improve their quality of life.
The Centre de bénévolat et moisson Laval is a non-profit organization founded in 1981. Since then, the Centre pursues its mission to develop and promote volunteer action and social assistance with the Laval community
- 1,710,692 Kg collected at the food bank
- 226,157 breakfasts and snacks offered in Laval schools
- 4,000 emergency food aid offered to Laval families
- 2,000 Christmas baskets
- 80,000 hours of volunteer work
- 330 accredited organizations benefitting from foodstuff and / or volunteers